Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from my finish work pal Riina, we got them at work one day and they were so tasty that i requested the recipe. I came come and started baking right away. DH loved them too so they are a real winner in our family.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 150 g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Blend together oats and butter.
- Stir the remaining ingredients together and add.
- You might need to add a little more flour or a tsp of water.
- Drop cookies on sheet and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Note: You can also use only 50 grams butter and use cold brewed coffee to give the cookies a different taste. I also have made a chocolate version by folding in 1/2 chocolate chips.
These are incredibly delicious, and so very easy to make. I used 1 tbsp of dough for each cookie, but because of how they spread, you should only do 6 on the cookie sheet. Next time I'm going to try 1 tsp size and see how that goes. These are beautiful cooled around a rolling pin. I'm thinking drizzling with a bit of melted chocolate would make these gems very fancy. Thanks Iceland. I'll definitely be making these again and again.