1/1 Photo of Fingerling Potatoes With Aioli
This recipe is one of Ina Garten's (Barefoot Contessa) newer recipes(Copyright 2006). I watched her make it last night and I can't wait to try it. It looks so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE AIOLI
- 1 slice white bread, crust removed
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- chives, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Rinse the potatoes and put them in a large saucepan and cover with salted(1 tablespoon) water and bring to a boil.
- 2Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until they are just tender.
- 3Drain the potatoes in a colander and place a kitchen towel on top, allowing them to steam for 5-10 minutes.
- 4For the aioli, tear the slice of bread into pieces and place in a bowl and pour the vinegar over the bread and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 5Place the garlic cloves, egg yolks, zest, juice, saffron, crushed red pepper flakes(if using), 1-1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade; add the bread and puree into a paste.
- 6With processor running slowly pour the oil through the feed tube until it is the consistency of thick sour cream. Place in a serving bowl.
- 7Slice potatoes in half and place them on a serving plate.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and decorate with chopped chives and serve with aioli.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fingerling Potatoes With Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.5
- Calories from Fat 502
- Total Fat 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: