Recipe by Sharon123
I have just discovered the wonderful world of fondue!
Top Review by Chef Jean
This is the easiest cheese fondue I've ever made! Simple and satisfying. The herbs really make this dish, and you can easily adjust the herbs to your liking( I like more thyme less tarragon). Made for ZWT 7.
- 907.18 g fingerling potatoes (30 to 40, You may substitute other small potatoes.)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 226.79 g soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 236.59 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch chervil, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fingerling potatoes and salt in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover.
- Place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, and drain potatoes in a colander.
- Transfer potatoes to a platter; set aside.
- Place goat cheese and buttermilk in a heat-proof bowl or the top of a double boiler, and place over a pan of simmering water.
- Warm mixture, stirring until it is very smooth, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in pepper, chives, thyme, tarragon, and parsley.
- Place in the bowl of a small fondue pot or in a warm serving bowl; serve immediately with fingerling potatoes garnished with chervil.