Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are tender soft and a good choice to serve with a hot bowl of soup. I made these rolls to hold Ham Salad Sweet and Spicy. I served with soup so didn't want to filling of a sandwich.
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter
- 473.18 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml fast rising yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine keeping the salt, sugar and yeast separate. (According to your bread machine directions).
- Set on dough cycle. Start.
- When machine stops remove dough and place on floured surface.
- Oil sheet pan.
- Divide into 12 pieces.
- Shape each into an oblong roll and then place end to end so almost touching. making 2 rows.Cover with plastic wrap and rise for 30 minutes in a warm spot.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with a touch of salt.
- bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and separate.
- Enjoy warm.
Awesome...just changed the yeast to 2 and milk part. Made 6 fabulous buns we had with homemade Turkey Soup.....
These rolls have a nice flavour but I found them to be heavy rather than light. It took an hour for the rolls to rise and only 11 minutes to bake. I chose to make 8 rolls as I wanted them a bit larger. As you can see in the photo, they look lovely too.
Delightful little rolls! Using the bread machine dough cycle makes them a breeze too. They are tender inside, but hold up to sandwich fillings. Thank you for sharing this recipe!