Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just as good as the store brands.
Make and share this Finger Paints recipe from Food.com.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a saucepan.
- Add water; mix.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and continue to stir.
- Cool and pour into containers.
- Add food coloring and a drop of detergent; mix.
- Store in refrigerator between uses.
This recipe is great! I didn't have any cornstarch on hand so I used all purpose flour and still turned out brilliantly. I have made paints before but the colouring seemed to stain but it seems that the dish detergent in this recipe prevents that! It kept my toddler happy for ages!
This was a lot of fun for my daughter. The finger paints turned out great. Just be sure to use a whisk when cooking the cornstarch and stir constantly. My daughter had a great time using food coloring to make lots of different colors for her paints. Thanks!
Loved it! Used this recipe for our playgroup recently and the kids together with the moms enjoyed themselves thoroughly. Easy to make, easily available ingredients, cheap and effective. Slimy, goeey and colourful!