Recipe by grandma2969
we love mixing the different colors..great activity on days when you can't go outside and play..I live to use Ivory soap flakes for this..you will need about 5 jars from baby food..or you could use paper cups
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups hot water
- liquid food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- in a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the gelatin with 1/4 cup water -- set aside to soak.
- put the cornstarch and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan and stir until dissolved --
- add the hot water and cook over medium heat (with parental help) stirring non-stop until the mixture begins to boil and looks clear.
- remove from heat.blend in the softened gelatin.
- then add the soap flakes and stir just until the paint is free of lumps.
- set aside to cool.
- then divide into 5 jars or cups.
- add food coloring drop by drop until you get a color you like.
- put an old shirt or smock to protect your clothes from becoming a canvas!
- we like to take the paint outside, where it is not so important to get a little messy.