Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this just two hours ago for lunch and the aroma is still wafting in the whole house !
- 4 small round turnips, halved
- 2 carrots, cut into 4 chunks each
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Put all the vegetables (EXCEPT CHOPPED BELL PEPPERS AND ONIONS) in a bowl with 1/2 cup water and microwave for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet (preferably cast iron) and add fennel seeds.
- Add garlic and all the powdered spices alongwith salt.
- Empty microwaved vegetables, green pepper and onions.
- Saute on medium heat for 10 minutes turning the veggies gently.
- Bet you will not have a speck left in the serving dish.
Excellent recipe. We had this as a side dish and,you were right, there was none left in the dish.
This smelled incredible--- DH walked in from work and instantly commented---- it tasted even better. I've never cooked turnips before, so I fear I did something wrong-- they were shriveled looking, as were the carrots, but who cares, it was yumm-o. A definite keeper!
This is a great recipe - more than 5 stars. I did modify it slightly but the family raved - none left even my DD who is very fussy loved it. I used sweet potato, zucchini, carrots, bell pepper and onions. Instead of the chilli powder I used the same amount of sweet paprika and I used ground fennel not the seeds. It was awesome and enjoyed by the children and adults alike. Thanx!