Recipe by Bhappy's kitchen
These ribs combine the best of all ingredients in a dish that is guaranteed to leave your dinner guests licking their lips and their fingers. Make sure you serve with finger bowls or lots of wet naps!
Top Review by WiggiesStickeyRibs
I used Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce with great results! Lots of great flavors all mixed into one sauce. I used it on the ribs and also made up a batch for chicken on the grill too. Excellent!
- 3 lbs pork back ribs
- 1 1⁄2 cups lager beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄3 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for sauce in large saucepan.
- Remove membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Cut ribs into 2 rib segments.
- Place ribs into sauce and bring to a gentle boil. Boil ribs for about 45-60 minutes, on a low heat.
- Remove ribs from sauce and place in ziplock bag or container to be placed in fridge once meat has cooled.
- Boil remaining sauce until it has reduced to at least half your original amount and is very thick and shiny.
- Remove sauce from heat, cool and remove fat.
- At this point, both ribs and sauce can be either refridgerated or frozen for use at later date.
- On serving day, either grill or broil ribs, basting often with sauce until sauce is sticky and thick on ribs.