Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Heart healthy recipes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1 stalk scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (breast, drumstick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium white potato, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken and sauté.
- Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.