Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick, simple, delicious. I like to serve over seasoned basmati rice. My own recipe but I am sure it's so simple, others must have made it too. I like to use wing nibbles but anything chicken will do. Prep time is nil, cooking time 30 mins but can simmer til you are ready. An easy, tasty, low stress meal.
- 2 kg chicken wings, nibbles
- 40 ml light olive oil, enough to seal chicken
- 1⁄2 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- Throw nibbles in frypan with olive oil, sear, sear, sizzle, sizzle, to get it lightly sealed (about 3 mins of tossing in pan)
- Stick the lid on to cook almost through for about 10 mins or until your gut instinct says it's more than half done.
- Pour in the soy sauce and honey, turn and coat all nibbles, simmer on low, leave lid on while you do whatever else needs doing for your meal. It's pretty forgiving, you can leave it to sit like this for quite a while.
- Scrape all the chook up one end of the pan while draining juices down the other end. This is where you turn the TV cameras off, it's not a glamorous step but it works! I get a clean coffee mug, about 1/4 full of cornflour, and I quickly dip the mug into the juices and stir, dip and stir, dip and stir. Pour the contents into the pan. Rinse the mug before it cements : ))).
- Stir the chook around in the sauce, til it's thickened to your liking.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Very easy, forgiving, and delicious! Made as directed, and really appreciate the well-written instructions. Thanks, RubberDucky AU! Made for PAC Spring '09.