Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Kicked up smoked chicken!! That Cajun touch makes all the difference. You just gotta try it!
- 3 chicken, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) can 7-up
- Sprinkle chickens with Cajun seasoning and leave at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Melt butter with Worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice and garlic salt; add 7 Up.
- Cook chickens on charcoal grill with mesquite charcoal.
- Turn often and baste with butter/7-Up mixture several times.
- When chicken is done (about 60 minutes), baste one more time - it keeps the chicken moist.
Interesting, I posted a photo and then forgot to review the recipe. This is fantastic chicken! I used 2 roasting chickens and cooked these on a propane smoker at 225 degrees. The meat was well flavored and moist. Definitely something I would do again.
Wow, this is the best smoked chicken I've ever had! I did have to substitute a can of Fresca for the 7-up, but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. It reminds me of the traditional Texas BBQ process - first a dry rub, than a mop sauce. This recipe must be tried - it's wonderful! It's going right into my Perfection cookbook.