Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this easy crock pot recipe from Quick and Simple magazine. You can make it without the beans and serve it on top of buns, or you can also make corn bread to go along with it. YUM-O!
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork roast (buy whatever is cheapest)
- 28 ounces pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 small onion
- In a slow cooker, combine all the pork ingredients and mix well to coat meat. Cover and cook on low for at least 10 hours, until pork is very tender and falls apart when stirred.
- About 1 hour before you're ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Combine all the ingredients for the beans in the prepared baking dish and mix well. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- Transfer pork from slow cooker to a bowl and shred it with a fork. Return meat to slow cooker and mix well with sauce. Serve pork alongside with beans. If you like this goes well with corn bread!