1/8 Photos of Finger Lickin' Oven Barbecue Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
This recipe makes a very flavorful sauce that is perfect on chicken or used to jazz up plain rice. It is great to fix when you want to grill but the weather just won't cooperate! Even people who don't like barbecue love this sauce. I typically like to double it and set some aside for extra dipping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (I use Ken's brand)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard, well rounded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1Pour canola oil into a large frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- 2Add chicken pieces and brown well.
- 3Remove chicken and place in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Add onion to the frying pan and stir well; scraping up and brown bits from the chicken.
- 6Sauté about 2 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine remaining sauce ingredients and stir to mix well.
- 8Pour sauce mixture into frying pan with onion and stir to combine.
- 9Simmer sauce for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- 10Pour over chicken, then flip pieces so that both sides of the chicken get coated with sauce.
- 11Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 12Note: If you double the sauce so you have enough for extra dipping, make sure you only pour 1/2 over the chicken before baking. The remainder of the sauce can simmer gently while the chicken bakes.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finger Lickin' Oven Barbecue Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 582.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce