Recipe by Debber
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe when I was just a bride. I make two batches a year to keep up with supply & demand! The kids love this on sandwiches, burgers, brats, hotdogs, grilled cheese, fries, cake (okay, just checkin'!!!). One institutional size can of ketchup will yield 8 cups.
Top Review by French Tart
Delicious Debber! I cut this back to a quarter as I have an excess of BBQ sauces here at the moment!!! LOL! We used it on chicken breasts and legs - I loved it, Malcolm would have liked more seasoing he said, but he always says that!! A delightful and easy BBQ sauce to have around - almost like a spicy ketchup! Thanks Debber for tempting me with your great named sauce - you can tell your MIL it went down a bomb in our house! Made for BBQ Sauce cook off. FT:-)
- 1892.72 ml ketchup
- 1892.72 ml water
- 118.29 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.32 ml dry mustard
- 4 dried chilies, crushed
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 591.47 ml brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and cook in a large roaster pan in oven at 325 degrees for several hours until thickened to your liking.
- Hot pack into pint jars; seal with hot lids and rings.
- Set jars upside-down on a thick towel for 15 minutes (set the timer); then put right-side up.
- As the jars cool, you'll hear some *kitchen music* which means they've sealed nicely.
- Store in a cool dark cellar or cupboard.
- NOTE: This is the base for my chicken barbecue sauce recipe which calls for 1/2 cup bbq sauce, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce--to DIE FOR!