This is another favorite of mine from an old Richard Simmons cookbook. It is full of fiber, low in fat and calories, tangy, crispy, chewy, MMmmmmm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine mustard, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and pepper in a bowl.
- In a sealable bag combine bran flakes and cheese. Crush up the bran flakes slightly with hands on the outside of the bag.
- Coat chicken with mustard mixture. Then transfer the chicken pieces (a few at a time) to the bag and shake to coat with the bran flake mixture.
- Place the crumb coated chicken pieces in a shallow baking dish coated with non stick spray. Sprinkle any remaining bran flake crumbs on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 20-30 minutes, or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
This is a great low fat oven fried chicken recipe. The bran flakes were an interesting twist on the usual breading. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs. Everyone enjoyed dinner last night. The six year old dipped his slices in honey and was just thrilled! Thanks you hollygollygee for another great recipe! PAC 2008.