Recipe by cloroxxy
This is the most amazing cornbread you will EVER eat. It also works well with cottage cheese in place of cream cheese....Add some chopped frozen broccoli and its the perfect side to broccoli cheese soup! For a lower calorie cornbread, use margarine.
Top Review by Margie99
I left out the onions because my family would not go for the onion crunch. I also halved the recipe because I have somehow run out of butter. I made it in a 9" round cake pan. It was good and moist with a wonderful crunchy crust.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Jiffy cornbread mix, mixes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- melt butter.
- combine butter, eggs, cream cheese and onion.
- Add to dry Jiffy mix.
- Combine until fully incorporated and no lumps are visible.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until gold brown and center is done.