Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These gizzards will melt in your mouth! You are in for a big treat!
Make and share this Finger Lickin Chicken Gizzards recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken gizzard
- 24 ounces Italian dressing (any type will do)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottle beer (use your favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 minced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon pick-a-peppa hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 2 dashes thyme
- 2 dashes celery salt
- 2 dashes basil
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a slow roll.
- Turn down heat to low and simmer for approximately 3 hours.
- Note: Do not boil or the gizzards will become dry and over cooked.
- Stir occasionally.
My husband has ALWAYS loved chicken gizzards, whereas I enjoy chicken livers. I've never cared much for the gizzards but THIS recipe was phenomenal. He loves them! And, besides having to hunt down the creole seasoning, the recipe was easy. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. This is DEFINITELY a keeper. If my husband could rate this, he would give it FIVE STARS!!!!
I tried these gizzards over the weekend. Lots of spices/ingredients, but what wonderful flavor they had, and oh, so tender. I will definately make these again. Thanks for posting!
We had a chicken BBQ recently and when we got the cases of chicken home, the gizzards were still in the boxes. The guys wanted them cooked up, so I found this recipe. I'm basing this review on the comments from everybody, and from the smell of the brine before I added the gizzards to it. It was fabulous!! Everyone loved them! I'm not a fan of gizzards so needless to say, I didn't taste them. However, I am going to make the broth and cook some chicken in it the way the recipe specifies. The gizzards were very soft and tender, not dry. It was the hit of the party, so if you are into gizzards, try them...they all said it was great!!