Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My DH loves the sauce on this chicken! It's nice and easy to make and uses ingredients that are almost always on hand.
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 59.14 ml Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 59.14 ml spicy bbq sauce
- 29.58 ml honey
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove skins from drumsticks.
- Rub salt and pepper to taste on chicken.
- Place in pan.
- Mix sauces, honey, lemon juice, cumin, oregano, and garlic together and set aside.
- Place chicken in oven.
- Baste chicken with the sauce every 10 minutes or so for the first 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes pour remaining sauce over each chicken drumstick and place back in oven for another 30 minute or until juices run clear.
- Serve and enjoy!
Great recipe with a nice sauce. I used Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipole BBQ sauce, and A1 steak sauce, with a ratio of 55 steak sauce and 45 BBq sauce. It really made for a nice sauce, something different for us, looking forward to try it an steaks in the near future. Made for I recommend..
Oh such great flavor on this sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time I'm gonna double it so we have more!!!
I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so had to make some modifications. I used regular (not spicy) bbq sauce plus a healthy squirt of sriracha to add heat. I used a mixture of A1, Pace Picante sauce and a squirt of ketchup instead of Heinz steak sauce. I accidentally added more like a tablespoon of lemon juice, but you couldn't tell :) I thought it was only okay, but my very picky husband reminded me several times to save the recipe! We'll try it next time exactly as described - it was good enough to pick up the ingredients just for this recipe.