Recipe by Caithi Romeo
Something I cound not find anywhere! Its an Australian bun and they are so yummy. Cut in half, spread butter or marg and enjoy!
Top Review by tamaragraham1982
Fantastic recipe....I made the dough in my bread machine then shaped and let rise, they rose beautifully and came out the oven perfect, super light and fluffy. The only change I made was with the icing, I had to add a bit more butter and a tablespoon of milk to get a lovely smooth frosting, this recipe is definitely a keeper thanks for sharing.
- 450 g plain bread flour
- 5 ml salt
- 7 1⁄2 ml yeast
- 50 g butter
- 300 ml milk
- 30 ml caster sugar
For the Icing
- 275 g icing sugar
- 3 -5 drops edible food coloring (pink, yellow, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Grease a small baking tray.
- In a large bowl add flour and salt, then sprinkle over the easy blend yeast.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, milk and sugar together until the butter has melted and the milk is just warm.
- Stir milk mixture into the flour and beat well until smooth.
- Knead onto a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Then place in an oiled bowl covered with oiled cling film and leave to prove for 1 hour or double in size.
- Turn out dough and divide into 12-14 pieces.
- Knead into long even finger shapes and leave to prove for 20 minutes in a warm place or until well risen and puffy.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- Make up the thick icing and coat the tops of the fingers in pretty colours.