1/1 Photo of Find the 4-Leaf Clover Rolls
3 hrs 30 mins
These taste just like the clover leaf rolls that my mother used to make. I found this in a British recipe book called 500 Fabulous Cakes and Bakes. I like the idea of making a few of the rolls 4-leaf clovers. Who will be the one or two that get lucky. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the milk until lukewarm.
- 2In a large bowl pour in the lukewarm milk, stir in sugar, the 4 tablespoons of softened butter and the yeast. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3Add eggs and salt to the mixture.
- 4Stir in 4 cups of flour a little at a time adding more if needed to get a rough dough texture.
- 5Knead dough until smooth (about 5-10 minutes).
- 6Place the dough into a clean bowl coated with shortening; cover with tea towel and let sit in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 1/2 hours).
- 7Coat 2 muffin pans with shortening.
- 8Punch down raised dough and roll into balls, sized to fit 3 into each cup in the pan. Make a few to fit four balls in the pan for the 4-leaf clovers.
- 9Cover the pans with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Preheat the oven to 400F; brush the rolls with the melted butter and bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- 11Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Find the 4-Leaf Clover Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 450.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g