Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I learnt how to do this today at the Westin Kuala Lumpur. They are very good and moist. You can put any thing on top for garnish, like chocolate, blueberries, or even a Snicker's bite size bar.
- In a saucepan, boil butter until it turns to a clear, hazel brown colour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the almond powder, icing sugar and corn starch together.
- Add in egg whites and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the hot butter into the batter and mix.
- Add in the honey.
- Spoon into small moulds, or any cupcake mould you have. Place a raspberry or a small chunk of peach in the center of each financier. Garnish by sprinkling a few slivers of pistachio.
- Bake in the oven 180°C until golden brown, about 8 - 15 minutes.
- Enjoy or keep in a air tight container up to a week.