Recipe by mummamills
when I was in the states I went to Wegmans. It is the best most wonderful supermarket you could ever find. They sold brie and camebert cheese with toppings. I came home and couldn't find anything like it, so here is my recipe for a "topping" I usually add this tag FINANCIAL JAM Caused by Politicians, banks, bosses, G.S.T., family, mates, poker machines & credit cards. Tell your friends you have a Financial Jam, And they should bring Camembert!!! It isn't really a recipe, its more of an idea, and I invite you to do your own thing. I have used craisens, in the mix, was great, but I found australian sultanas were way too sweet. You dont have to add the chilli, but it cuts the sweetness. I use Chrissyo's chilli sauce for home use, its great, but the jam doesnt look as good.
Top Review by neecey75
YUM YUM YUM & I am soooo excited I am finally going to make this. I first tasted it years ago in Hervey Bay in Qld Australia & fell in love with it I can't wait to make for xmas pressies for everyone so they too can have something so scrumptious to eat !!
- 2 liters cheap unsweetened apple juice
- 1 kg sugar
- 750 g cashews (or walnuts or pecans or macas)
- 2 chilies (any kind, depending on your taste, or chilli sauce, or dried flakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the apple juice in a big pot and boil till reduced by half.
- Add sugar, stir till dissolved.
- Simmer away until the toffee mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- Turn off heat.
- Sterilize jars.
- Fill the hot dry jars with nuts etc.
- Chop the chillies, and add to toffee mix.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into jars to cover, put any extra into a spare jar.
- NOTE: when ready to serve, if the mix is too thick, take off the lid and micro wave for 30 seconds.
- Drain some of the toffee if you haven't got a sweet tooth, and add nuts to the jar for next time.
- For a gift, add a tag.
- FINANCIAL JAM.
- Caused by Politicians, banks, bosses, G.S.T., family, mates, poker machines & credit cards.
- Tell your friends you have a Financial Jam,
- And they should bring Camembert!