Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
when I was in the states I went to Wegmans. It is the best most wonderful supermarket you could ever find. They sold brie and camebert cheese with toppings. I came home and couldn't find anything like it, so here is my recipe for a "topping" I usually add this tag FINANCIAL JAM Caused by Politicians, banks, bosses, G.S.T., family, mates, poker machines & credit cards. Tell your friends you have a Financial Jam, And they should bring Camembert!!! It isn't really a recipe, its more of an idea, and I invite you to do your own thing. I have used craisens, in the mix, was great, but I found australian sultanas were way too sweet. You dont have to add the chilli, but it cuts the sweetness. I use Chrissyo's chilli sauce for home use, its great, but the jam doesnt look as good.
- Pour the apple juice in a big pot and boil till reduced by half.
- Add sugar, stir till dissolved.
- Simmer away until the toffee mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- Turn off heat.
- Sterilize jars.
- Fill the hot dry jars with nuts etc.
- Chop the chillies, and add to toffee mix.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into jars to cover, put any extra into a spare jar.
- NOTE: when ready to serve, if the mix is too thick, take off the lid and micro wave for 30 seconds.
- Drain some of the toffee if you haven't got a sweet tooth, and add nuts to the jar for next time.
- For a gift, add a tag.
- FINANCIAL JAM.
- Caused by Politicians, banks, bosses, G.S.T., family, mates, poker machines & credit cards.
- Tell your friends you have a Financial Jam,
- And they should bring Camembert!
YUM YUM YUM & I am soooo excited I am finally going to make this. I first tasted it years ago in Hervey Bay in Qld Australia & fell in love with it I can't wait to make for xmas pressies for everyone so they too can have something so scrumptious to eat !!
Mum- this is just the ticket for an easy but delectable mezi. I cut the servings in 1/2 for our small dinner party and it came out wonderful. I used a finely chopped chili grown in my window garden, app0lejuice from aldi's, and the pecans as that is what I had on hand. WONDERFUL! Served over brie, and camembert cheese. I plan to make this for the holidays using the full amounts but also add in some dried cranberries chopped up for a flash of color and a tart taste. WOW O WOW. Made for Aus/NZ Swap 33,
I was lucky enough to taste this yummy Financial Jam from the creator mummamills at Chef #68960 home (See menu: Menu #17731) It was so yummy, mummamills served it with Camembert cheese and crackers. I liked the sweet, spicy and crunchy texture from the jam on top of the savoury contracts with the cheese. Thank you mummamills.