1/1 Photo of Financial Jam
1 hr 20 mins
when I was in the states I went to Wegmans. It is the best most wonderful supermarket you could ever find. They sold brie and camebert cheese with toppings. I came home and couldn't find anything like it, so here is my recipe for a "topping" I usually add this tag FINANCIAL JAM Caused by Politicians, banks, bosses, G.S.T., family, mates, poker machines & credit cards. Tell your friends you have a Financial Jam, And they should bring Camembert!!! It isn't really a recipe, its more of an idea, and I invite you to do your own thing. I have used craisens, in the mix, was great, but I found australian sultanas were way too sweet. You dont have to add the chilli, but it cuts the sweetness. I use Chrissyo's chilli sauce for home use, its great, but the jam doesnt look as good.
My Private Note
8 oz jars
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the apple juice in a big pot and boil till reduced by half.
- 2Add sugar, stir till dissolved.
- 3Simmer away until the toffee mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- 4Turn off heat.
- 5Sterilize jars.
- 6Fill the hot dry jars with nuts etc.
- 7Chop the chillies, and add to toffee mix.
- 8Stir to combine.
- 9Pour into jars to cover, put any extra into a spare jar.
- 10NOTE: when ready to serve, if the mix is too thick, take off the lid and micro wave for 30 seconds.
- 11Drain some of the toffee if you haven't got a sweet tooth, and add nuts to the jar for next time.
- 12For a gift, add a tag.
- 13FINANCIAL JAM.
- 14Caused by Politicians, banks, bosses, G.S.T., family, mates, poker machines & credit cards.
- 15Tell your friends you have a Financial Jam,
- 16And they should bring Camembert!
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Financial Jam
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1525.8
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 811.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 248.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 207.1 g
- Protein 19.6 g