Recipe by Milann Taylor
I finally created a meatloaf my husband loves! He said it's a "keeper." He even said that it is better the next day.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 slices hickory smoked bacon (thick cut)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together (except the bacon).
- Put in a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Shape in to a flat loaf. (the top wasn't rounded, but level with the top of the dish).
- Lay the bacon strips across the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for one hour.
- Remove foil, and bake another 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, slice and serve. Yummy!