Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best recipe! My husband begged me to get the recipe from my friend Molly. It melts in your mouth! I think its the pineapple that makes it so so moist!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, sofy
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs,& vanilla, Then add& mix walnuts, carrots, coconut, pineapple, flour,cinnamon,baking soda,& salt.
- Pour in a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325.
- Frosting: Cream butter and cream cheese, add powdered sugar and blend really well.
- (sometimes it takes a little longer to bake than the recipe says).
I took this in to work, went out of the office for 10min and it was gone
Very good. I omitted the coconut and walnuts because we don't care for them. Other than that I made the recipe as is. It was easy to follow and easy to bake. It definantly needs to cook like the directions state. I will make this again. Thank you.
My mother has also been making this recipe for years and it gets rave reviews every time!!!!