Recipe by LauraBlueEyes
My friend Connie and I have misplaced this recipe so many times. She calls me from Texas to ask for the ingredients, and I have to call her back to saying "I finally found it," hence the name. I'm posting here so we won't have to go in search again. It is a great tasting salad. A little work due to the cooking time, but worth it. The cooking time does not include the cooling time.
- 13 ounces pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 3/4 cups juice)
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 8 ounces green grapes, fresh
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, sligthly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice, the reserved juice from the canned pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (3-4 lemons depending on size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pineapple chunks, mandrin oranges, and grapes in a mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan add all ingredients from sugar through lemon juice.
- Mix and cook over slow heat until thick.
- Cool the mixture before pouring over fruit.
- When the mixture is cool enough add the banana and avocado to the fruit in the mixing bowl, and pour the cooled sauce over the fruit.
- Mix gently.
- Transfer to a pretty serving piece, or individual bowls.