I never thought that I would find a delicious not only gluten free but EGG free bread too!!! Soaking the grains makes it much easier to digest and is the nutrients are unlocked and multiplied giving you ten times more absorbable vitamins and nutrients from those grains! And it doesn´t crumble, fall apart, or mush! It actually rose and is sliceable and sooo yummy! Please try out this recipe, I am SO excited!! This recipe was adapted from www.AnnieBBond.com
- 1⁄3 cup quinoa (soaked 24-48 hrs)
- 1⁄3 cup amaranth (soaked 24-48 hrs)
- 1⁄3 cup millet (soaked 24-48 hrs)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (soaked 24-48 hrs)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 1⁄4 cups almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons Agave (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2. Drain and rinse soaked grains and seeds.
- 3. Place all ingredients in high speed blender and puree.
- 4. Pour into medium loaf pan lined with parchment paper. If desired sprinkle sesame seeds or any type of seed or nut ontop.
- 5. Bake for one hour. If top begins to get too brown, cover with foil.
- 6. Let cool 20-30 min and enjoy with almond butter, agave, honey, pesto sauce -- its deeelicious!
- **Note: Bread will slice best when cooled completely.
This is a fantastic recipe! Never thought it would work, but it did. I made it exactly as written except that I used a little less water, maybe only 1/8 cup, and after one hour I had to remove it from the pan and bake it for another 15 minutes without pan. But then it was wonderful. Absolutely great texture and taste, it's incredibly flavourful. It really doesn't crumble or fall apart, it slices well and freezes well. I will definitely make this again often! Thanks for posting!
Made for Honor Thy Mother And Be Gluten Free, Too (Diabetes Forum).