I am a HUGE (well, luckily not literally) fan of blonde brownies. So I've been testing/tweaking different recipes for a while. I've finally come up with a recipe that tastes just like I think they should! These are definitely chewy (almost underbaked) with a brown sugar flavor to them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt margarine in a glass mixing bowl, in the microwave. ("Zap" on LOW power until it looks melted).
- Stir in brown sugar; add vanilla; add eggs.
- Stir in flour and baking powder; stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread/pour batter into a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Bake 19 minutes. (Until toothpick inserted 2" from edge comes out clean)Blondies will firm as they cool.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Sometimes I substitute the 3/4 cup chocolate chips for 1/2 cup butterscotch chips. I think that too much of the butterscotch flavor can be overpowering.
- My second idea is a little more unconventional as far as blondies go. Omit the chocolate chips, stir in some cinnamon, allspice and ginger.