1/1 Photo of Finally! Blondies Like They Should Be
I am a HUGE (well, luckily not literally) fan of blonde brownies. So I've been testing/tweaking different recipes for a while. I've finally come up with a recipe that tastes just like I think they should! These are definitely chewy (almost underbaked) with a brown sugar flavor to them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Melt margarine in a glass mixing bowl, in the microwave. ("Zap" on LOW power until it looks melted).
- 3Stir in brown sugar; add vanilla; add eggs.
- 4Stir in flour and baking powder; stir in chocolate chips.
- 5Spread/pour batter into a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- 6Bake 19 minutes. (Until toothpick inserted 2" from edge comes out clean)Blondies will firm as they cool.
- 7Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 9Sometimes I substitute the 3/4 cup chocolate chips for 1/2 cup butterscotch chips. I think that too much of the butterscotch flavor can be overpowering.
- 10My second idea is a little more unconventional as far as blondies go. Omit the chocolate chips, stir in some cinnamon, allspice and ginger.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finally! Blondies Like They Should Be
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g