From the Santa Monica Mirror. You can substitute butter-flavored cooking spray for the butter, and vary the toppings with whatever you like: spinach, broccoli, cheddar, red pepper flakes, etc. Children like to help.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line a baking sheet with foil, and brush with melted butter or coat lightly with cooking spray.
- 3Layer all 8 sheets of filo, alternating with butter or spray. (Follow package instructions about keeping unused sheets under a damp towel.).
- 4Divide cheese into small mounds (about 1 T each), evenly spaced in rows across pastry. Aim for a 4x5 grid.
- 5Top each mound of cheese with an olive and half a cherry tomato.
- 6Sprinkle oregano, salt & pepper over top.
- 7Bake 7-10 minutes, until pastry is puffed and cheese is melted.
- 8Cut into squares with a pizza cutter and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filo (Phyllo) Pizza Squares
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 246.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g