Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I always get requests for this recipe. It comes from the book The Pleasure of Your Processor, with a few minor changes. Really delicious.
- Place half the filo dough in a pan.
- Pour about 1/4 cup margarine on top.
- Filling: Saute onions in melted butter until golden (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Squeeze out all moisture from spinach.
- Process spinach until finely chopped, about 8 to 10 seconds.
- Add onions and remaining ingredients and process just until mixed.
- (Add second egg only if mixture seems dry).
- Pour filling over first half of filo dough and cover with remaining filo dough.
- Pour remaining butter on top of filo dough (add more if necessary), and then cut in squares so that, while cooking the butter will penetrate in between the layers of dough.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.