Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here is a recipe that's kind of Greek meets Florentine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté the onions and shallot until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until thoroughly browned.
- Add the spinach and stir until the spinach is heated and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Let cool.
- Place one sheet of Phyllo dough on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil and coated with melted butter.
- Coat this sheet with butter.
- Continue this process until it is four sheets thick.
- Place the filling in the middle of the dough layers.
- Coat the perimeter with melted butter.
- Put another sheet of dough on top and cover with butter.
- Continue this process until the top layer is four sheets thick.
- Place in the oven until the dough is well browned (30 to 40 minutes).