Recipe by Marie
Start with a yellow cake mix made richer with the addition of sour cream. Filled with a pecan, chocolate chip, marshmallow filling and topped with pecan chocolate chip mixture. No icing needed - just sprinkle with powdered sugar for a delicious treat.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
Wonderful recipe.Beautiful presentation. Someone said it looked like it came from a very expensive bakerie.I used a French Vanilla Cake mix and sugar free intant vanilla pudding. I would advise to chop the nuts VERY small. The cake is so moist, that its hard to cut a nice clean piece when you hit the nuts. I baked mine in an Angel Food pan and had no trouble with any leakage. Wonderful hight, but I did have to bake for 65 minute.Thanks for this great recipe.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix (no pudding added)
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and beat on low for 2 minutes until combined.
- Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Combine pecans and chocolate chips and sprinkle half over batter, then top with marshmallows.
- Pour remaining batter over, then sprinkle with rest of pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.