Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Start with a yellow cake mix made richer with the addition of sour cream. Filled with a pecan, chocolate chip, marshmallow filling and topped with pecan chocolate chip mixture. No icing needed - just sprinkle with powdered sugar for a delicious treat.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix (no pudding added)
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and beat on low for 2 minutes until combined.
- Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Combine pecans and chocolate chips and sprinkle half over batter, then top with marshmallows.
- Pour remaining batter over, then sprinkle with rest of pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Wonderful recipe.Beautiful presentation. Someone said it looked like it came from a very expensive bakerie.I used a French Vanilla Cake mix and sugar free intant vanilla pudding. I would advise to chop the nuts VERY small. The cake is so moist, that its hard to cut a nice clean piece when you hit the nuts. I baked mine in an Angel Food pan and had no trouble with any leakage. Wonderful hight, but I did have to bake for 65 minute.Thanks for this great recipe.
I made this for my daughter's best friends birthday..they ate it all and didn't save ole Dad a bite..lol..everyone wanted the recipe..holding out..if I didnt get a piece of cake..I forgot the recipe..LOL..Thanks
This is delicious and my husband raved over it! Love the filling! I did use walnuts, and ground them up so my husband can eat them. Love it!