Recipe by PanNan
This is from my Dutch cook book. It's very simple and tastes great. A quick week night meal. I would use a nice Pinot Grigio wine - use a cup for the recipe, and save the rest to serve with dinner.
Top Review by Crazyhead Cook
This recipe sounded great but I followed the recipe just as written and not one person in the family liked this. In fact they said it was the worst dish I have made in recent memory, and my husband will eat just about anything. I am not sure why, perhaps it was the type of white wine we used. Perhaps you could suggest the type of wine to use in the recipe. Maybe ours didn't go well with the mushrooms. Sorry I guess this is just not our type of recipe. Perhaps we'd try it again if you suggested a type of wine.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 sole fillets
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 teaspoons flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt the fillets and place them in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Add the wine, 3 tbsp of butter and the chopped mushrooms.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Make the sauce: melt the butter in a sauce pan, add the flour and stir.
- Pour the juices from the baked fish into the butter/flour mixture.
- Stir and simmer a couple of minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.