1/2 Photos of Fillet Steak With Red Currant Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
Here is a dish that is elegant tastes great and guests would think it must have taken you hours to prepare, when in reality it is very simple and hardly any effort, with the end result tasting great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Red Currant Sauce
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon beef stock powder (I use quite a dense stock so adjust for what you use and personal taste)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons port wine
- 25 g butter, extra
- 1Tie beef several times, at different intervals with kitchen string so it maintains shape during cooking.
- 2Heat oil in a pan add beef, cook over medium high heat until well browned all over.
- 3Remove and transfer to oven dish, bake uncovered in moderately hot oven (190-200°C approx) for 20 minutes for medium rare or until desired doneness.
- 4Red Currant Sauce.
- 5Heat butter in pan add onion and garlic, cook a couple of minutes, add mushrooms and cook until onions and mushrooms are soft.
- 6Add peppercorns and wine, simmer uncovered, 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add jelly, stock powder and port stir until jelly has dissolved, simmer for a further 4 Min's or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- 8Whisk in extra butter over a low heat.
- 9I serve mine with parsnip mash in pastry shells with salad and berry dressing.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet Steak With Red Currant Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.7
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: