Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A steak with a great sauce. Steak can be BBQ'd.
Make and share this Fillet Steak With Pepper Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place steaks on cold slightly oiled tray.
- Cook under high grill for 2 minutes each side to seal.
- For rare meat cook another minute each side.
- Lower heat after sealing if you like med or well done steak and cook to your liking.
- Pepper cheese Sauce- Heat oil in a medium pan, add leek or onion.
- Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add stock and cheese a minute until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with steaks.
I substituted low fat cheese and black pepper seeds in this. Served it with a jacket potato and grilled tomatoes.
The picture you see is just the cheese and leeks that I pulled out of the broth. I really think the cheese used in this recipe should be pepper velveta cheese not real cheese. I hate pushing brand names but I`m sure that would melt as directed! I think this would also work if you just place the cheese on the steak when almost done cooking.
I really love the onion flavor of this sauce. I used sirlion strips for the steak. The only problem I had was with my cheese. My pepper jack didn't melt good in the sauce. it just melted into a big blob. So, I scooped it out of the sauce and added some grated cheddar in it's place. The cheddar worked great and the sauce was quite tasty. My steaks were nice and tender with a delicious sauce. they melted in my mouth. Yum!