Recipe by ncardie
This is my own recipe and is delicious for company. it is different to other diane sauces as it has the addition of mushrooms which makes it more enjoyable. serve with a baked potato and green vegetables. Bon appetit.
- 16 ounces steak fillets, seperated into two 8 oz pieces
- 200 g mushrooms, any kind
- 50 g butter
- 1 small onion
- 8 ounces single cream
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon brandy, may use more just add to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- add butter to a large frying pan and pan fry steaks until cooked to your requirements, set aside in the oven on a low heat to keep warm. ensure well covered to stop them drying out. reserve pan juices.
- whilst the steak is cooking saute onions and mushrooms in another pan.
- place chopped garlic into pan juices and gently saute in the butter. add the beef stock cube, worcestershire sauce and black pepper. add the brandy and simmer until the alcohol has burnt off. combine the mushrooms and onions into the sauce and add the single cream to the sauce. simmer to warm through but ensure you watch for curdling. finish with black pepper and pour onto the steaks.
- serve with jacket potatoes and green vegetables.