Recipe by House
Found this in "Ways to Prepare Meat 1978". Looked uncommon, so I decided to go ahead and post it.
- 4 lbs steak fillets
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the fillet on a baking dish and rub with about 1 TB butter, sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Mix the carrots, rinds, onion and parsley together and cover the top of the fillet with the mixture. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for at least four hours.
- Bake in a hot oven(425F) for 1 hour or until done to your taste.
- Remove the fillet and keep warm. Add about 1 cup of cream and 2 TB brandy to the drippings in the baking dish, thicken if desired and serve over the meat.