Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Company perfect. Serve with baked sweet potatoes and green veggie. Can be made ahead and reheated in microwave giving you more time with guests.
- 1 lb fillets of sole or 1 lb flounder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 tablespoon unsalted butter (DIVIDED)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions (DIVIDED)
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Dry fish on paper towels.
- mix flour, salt and pepper together.
- dip fish slices in seasoned flour to coat lightly.
- melt 2 tblsp butter in large skilet.
- Add onion and saute over medium heat until they are soft but not browned.
- Leave onion in pan.
- Add fish filets and cook until lightly browned, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Do not crowd fish in pan.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for larger portions of fish.
- Remove fish to a micro safe dish.
- Lower heat and melt 2 tablespoons butter, add orange juice concentrate and wine.
- Stir to combine and heat through.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Microwave few minutes to reheat.