Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delightfully light dish. Great with a summer vegetable and a side of rice.
Make and share this Fillet of Sole with White Wine & Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put fish in single layer in oiled shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cayenne, add broth and wine.
- Cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes, just until fish is opaque in thickest part.
- Remove from oven, pour liquid into small saucepan.
- Cover fish and keep warm while making sauce.
- Boil liquid over moderately high heat, until only about 1/3 remains.
- Stir in walnuts, parsley and butter/margarine.
- Pour over fish and serve.
Just had this for the second time - obvious that I like it. Modified it for one and cooked in toaster oven. Also toasted walnuts a bit before adding to sauce. Thanks.
I offered a last-minute dinner for a couple of my friends one night and was desperate for a good recipe. I found this one and it really ended up being fantastic. I substituted shaved almonds for the walnuts and toasted them before adding them to the sauce. Definitely a winner!
I cut the recipe in half and it was great (or so my friend said) she eats no meat, very little poultry or fish and is very fussy when she does have it. She wants this one again. The only change I made was to sub pecans for walnuts! Thanks Tweeky