Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious, simple fish. Not for dieters!
- 3 lbs sole fillets
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces chopped macadamia nuts
- Sprinkle lime juice over filets and let stand 10-15 minute.
- Coat filets in flour and fry in butter until browned.
- Remove filets from pan to serving platter retaining oil and drippings in pan.
- Add cream to frying pan contents, stirring continuously.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until slightly reduced.
- Scrape bits of fish loose from bottom of pan.
- Spoon cream mixture over filets and top with chopped nuts.
- Garnish with lime and/or avocado slices.
Vey simple, delicious recipe. I have made sole in this way for ages, but on purpose checked for a similar recipe on Food.com. My soles were quite small, so in the photographs it seems as if I have used a lot. No, they were simply small! Cream and soles were made for each other. A great improvement would be a little seasoning salt of high quality (no MSG), and some citrussy liqueur added to the cream would improve the taste no end! I could not find my large bag of macadamias, so used flaked almonds. Thanks for a great and easy recipe which should have been reviewed years earlier!