Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low carb recipe.
Make and share this Fillet of Sole in White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (8 ounce) sole fillets
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions or 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fillets in a buttered baking dish in a single layer and sprinkle with the green onions, melted butter, wine, parsely, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Cover with greased paper facing down, then cover dish and bake 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove fillets from baking dish.
- Strain pan juices into a small saucepan, add 1 tablespoon butter,and let melt.
- Blend in the flour, add the cream, and cook 4 minutes.
- Pour over fish and serve.
Wonderful! We loved this! I didn't have green onions so I used shallots as another reviewer did. I had Dover Sole Fillets. This definitely goes into my rotation for fish dishes.
You can use flounder, whiting or halibut as well. Probably any good white fish. This is very similar to the recipe in Julia Child's cookbook. Delicious.
Quick and easy way to make fish, and yet it looks and tastes like it's taken ages! Made it for a dinner party, so prepared it up to step 4, and then instead of baking it put it in the fridge until half an hour before i wanted to serve dinner.Just realised i forgot to add the cream at the end, but it turned out fine anyway and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you!