Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy to make fish recipe that goes very well with cooked spinach. I developed this for my wife over 25 years ago as she would not eat fish before. It is now a regular fish dish in our home.
- In a glass jar, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and dried oregano; shake well until creamy.
- Divide sauce in half and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Rinse fillet of sole in cold water and pat dry with paper towelling.
- Sprinkle each side of fish with dried dill weed and black pepper.
- Place fish in a oven-proof casserole dish.
- Pour half of the creamy sauce mixture over fish.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 10 minutes on each side or until fish is flaky (DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- In the meantime, in a cooking pot or large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to boil.
- Add chopped spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain immediately and cover with cold water and some ice cubes to cool.
- Drain when cooled and pat spinach dry on paper towelling.
- Divide spinach equally on 4 serving plates.
- Place 1 piece of cooked fish on each plate.
- Pour remaining creamy mixture sauce over fish.
- Serve immediately.
Uncle Bill,gave this four and three quarters,not sure how to add the quarters.I will certainly do again.Many thanks for posting,a great way to avoid fat.Don Steele
I cooked just the fish (w/out spinach) and it turned out nice and tasty. Very easy recipe.
Needs more spinach than what the recipe calls for. Otherwise this is a simple and tasty meal that can be prepared in 30 minutes top.