1/1 Photo of Fillet of Plaice De Luxe
From Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6. Sole or flounder may be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 lb shredded cheese, Danish Tybo preferred (mild cheddar may be substituted)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained well
- 8 fillets plaice
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Beat egg yolks thoroughly with salt and paprika.
- 3Beat in oil a little at a time.
- 4Beat in butter a little at a time.
- 5Stir in 3/4 of the cheese.
- 6Combine with spinach.
- 7Pour one third of spinach mixture into a greased shallow 9" square baking dish.
- 8Season both sides of fish with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 9Roll fish up and place rolls, loose side down, in pan on top of spinach.
- 10Top with remaining spinach mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 12Bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet of Plaice De Luxe
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.2
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 420.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: