Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6. Sole or flounder may be substituted.
Make and share this Fillet of Plaice De Luxe recipe from Food.com.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄4 lb shredded cheese, Danish Tybo preferred (mild cheddar may be substituted)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained well
- 8 fillets plaice
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Beat egg yolks thoroughly with salt and paprika.
- Beat in oil a little at a time.
- Beat in butter a little at a time.
- Stir in 3/4 of the cheese.
- Combine with spinach.
- Pour one third of spinach mixture into a greased shallow 9" square baking dish.
- Season both sides of fish with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Roll fish up and place rolls, loose side down, in pan on top of spinach.
- Top with remaining spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Oh, WOW! I cut this recipe down to serve two, but now wish I had gone ahead and made the entire recipe! I used fresh spinach which I cooked down with a little lemon juice. This is one of those simple dishes that deliver a great big punch! Will have this again, definitely!