Recipe by Chocolatl
From Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6. Sole or flounder may be substituted.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Oh, WOW! I cut this recipe down to serve two, but now wish I had gone ahead and made the entire recipe! I used fresh spinach which I cooked down with a little lemon juice. This is one of those simple dishes that deliver a great big punch! Will have this again, definitely!
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄4 lb shredded cheese, Danish Tybo preferred (mild cheddar may be substituted)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained well
- 8 fillets plaice
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Beat egg yolks thoroughly with salt and paprika.
- Beat in oil a little at a time.
- Beat in butter a little at a time.
- Stir in 3/4 of the cheese.
- Combine with spinach.
- Pour one third of spinach mixture into a greased shallow 9" square baking dish.
- Season both sides of fish with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Roll fish up and place rolls, loose side down, in pan on top of spinach.
- Top with remaining spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.