Recipe by rya
From "The American Woman's Cookbook", 1938-1977. The book I got this from is so old it has recipes for squirrel! But this fish recipe is completely delicious, and easy too. I serve this with pasta in butter/garlic sauce and boiled greenbeans.
Top Review by closet chef in ma
This is a great recipe! I've used it on all kinds of white fish with great results. Only change is I use Panko crumbs. Just personal preference. Whole family loves the fish! Thanks
- 12 ounces flounder fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange fish in a greased baking dish.
- Melt the butter.
- Stir in flour, onion flakes & basil. Cook until it starts to bubble.
- Add chicken broth. Cook 5-10 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice + pepper.
- Pour sauce over fish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.