Recipe by woodland hues
Unusual combination of sweet sauce with fish fillets. Use your preferred white fish, mine is bass fillets. This dish goes well with couscous. Adapted from Complete Canadian Diabetes Cookbook. Choices given are 2 Carbohydrates, 3 Meat & Alternatives per serving.
- 453.59 g firm white fish fillet
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml granny smith apple, peeled, chopped finely
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml pecans or 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped
- 19.71 ml brown sugar or 19.71 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place fish in single layer in baking dish.
- In nonstick skillet, melt margarine, then sauté apple, raisins, nuts, Splenda and cinnamon for 3 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Mix flour with apple juice until dissolved. Add to pan and cook until thickened, stirring constantly, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fish. Cover and bake 15 - 20 minutes. Fish should flake easily when tested with fork.