Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this out of a recipe book from a previous owner of our house who left it behind called "Martini's and Whipped Cream". The instructions are vague but it sounds pretty good
- 453.59 g fish fillet, frozen or fresh
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 425.24 g can tomatoes
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 0.25 ml oregano or 0.25 ml tarragon
- 29.58 ml cream
- salt and pepper
- Cut fillets in half.
- Melt margarine in frying pan and brown onion and garlic until golden.
- Place fish in pan, covered by tomatoes, wine and parsley.
- Heat to boiling, cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add oregano and blend in cream, stirring until smooth.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
This made a very good and super-easy dinner for us tonight. I used flounder. I must admit that I completely forgot to add the cream. It's too late now - it's all gone. Anyway, it was good. The cream wasn't missed, though I may try it next time. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
This receipe is yummy and easy. I have made it using olive oil instead of the margine, added red pepper flakes along with #1 and omited the cream, but still basically the same receipe.