Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Belgium recipe for the Zaar World tour. This looks good!!
Make and share this Fillet of Cod Flemish Style recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced into rings
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (or 4 individual steaks of cod, scrod, or halibut)
- 4 slices fresh lemon, peel and pith removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange half the onion in an ovenproof baking dish just large enough to comfortably hold the fish.
- Sprinkle half the parsley and chives over the onion. Arrange the fish fillets or steaks over the onion and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the remaining onion, parsley, chives, the lemon slices, bay leaf, and thyme. Pour in the wine and bake until the fish is just done, about 20 minutes.
Very nice flavor. Easy recipe. Loved the herbs, lemon and wine. For my own personal taste, I will try it without the onions next time. Thanks for sharing this - we had a lovely dinner.
This was very tastey..Instead of white wine I used chicken stock (no white wine in house) I also served prawns with this so it turned into a seafood fest tonight!! Thank you!