1/2 Photos of Fillet of Cod Flemish Style
Jessica K's Note:
This is a Belgium recipe for the Zaar World tour. This looks good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced into rings
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (or 4 individual steaks of cod, scrod, or halibut)
- 4 slices fresh lemon, peel and pith removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Arrange half the onion in an ovenproof baking dish just large enough to comfortably hold the fish.
- 4Sprinkle half the parsley and chives over the onion. Arrange the fish fillets or steaks over the onion and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 5Cover with the remaining onion, parsley, chives, the lemon slices, bay leaf, and thyme. Pour in the wine and bake until the fish is just done, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet of Cod Flemish Style
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: